At Wiltshire Smokehouse, we’re passionate about bringing the very best smoked foods to our customers – to enjoy all year round. Smoked chicken has a deliciously unique flavour that differs from roasted chicken. Still juicy and packed with additional flavour, it can help to accentuate many of your meals and give you a new pallet to work with. We love the idea of experimenting with different smoked meats and recipes. So here is the best-smoked chicken salad recipe for your summer picnics, family gatherings or just a lightweight lunch option.
The beauty of smoked chicken is that it brings a lot of flavours. So you can be as full-on or paired back with the additional tastes that you use too. We love the combination of these smokey, meaty flavours with pops of sweetness and crunchy additions too. This is why this combination of nuts and fruits makes the ideal blend when it comes to your smoked chicken salad.
Our Smoked Chicken
Smoked over oak chips to give it delicious flavour, our hot smoked chicken breasts are cooked slowly to ensure they stay succulent. They remain tender at all times and use only the finest free-range chicken to ensure you get the very best. We supply them in a two break past, with a shelf life of 10 days and made suitable for home freezing too. For this salad, we recommend slicing these breasts thinly.
The Best-Smoked Chicken Salad Recipe
To make this salad, you’ll need:
- Good quality smoked chicken.
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt (we recommend plain).
- Blue cheese (we recommend our Oak Smoked Blue Stilton).
- A handful of roasted walnuts.
- A handful of grapes or an apple cut up.
- A tablespoon of mustard.
- Salt & pepper to flavour.
- In a bowl, mix together the Greek yoghurt and mustard.
- Chop up your smoked chicken – either into thin slices or chunks.
- Mix the chicken into the bowl.
- Chop or break up the walnuts, cut up the grapes/apples and crumble up the cheese.
- Add the walnuts, grapes/apples and cheese into the mix.
- Season as needed.
- Serve with crackers, toasted pita bread or a crispy leaf salad.
This recipe can be adapted and changed to suit your taste. All we recommend is that you use the finest smoked meats and cheeses to give your dish the perfect punch. At Wiltshire Smokehouse, we’re passionate about providing you with the best products so you can make meals that delight. Browse our smoked goods on our website today or get in touch to speak to a member of the team.